SINGLE COMPONENT GRAVIMETRIC ANALYZER, FOR PRECISE CHARACTERIZATION OF GAS & VAPOR SORPTION EQUILIBRIA & KINETICS
- Unrivalled measurement precision, accuracy and repeatability
- Unparalled vapor pressure control and measurement resolution
- Fast and accurate analysis of equilibria and kinetics using the IGA method
The IGA-002 is a high resolution vapor sorption analyzer for precisely characterizing vapor-solid interactions. Compatible with an extensive range of vapors, the IGA-002 also offers the full gas sorption capability of the IGA-001, measuring changes in sample mass as a function of temperature and pressure. The unique IGA method analyzes real time gravimetric data to determine kinetic parameters and simultaneously predict sorption equilibrium.
- Suitable for use with a wide range of gases, vapors, materials and methods
- Active vapor pressure regulation from 10-3 mbar
- Built-in anti-condensation protection to 50 °C
- Sample temperature stability and accuracy of ± 0.02 °C
- Unrivalled long term stability and continuous weight measurement
- Advanced kinetic analysis for sorption rate and diffusion coefficient determination
Hiden Isochema’s unique IGA method is applied independently to every step in a gravimetric sorption measurement. At each step, the pressure and temperature are actively regulated, with resultant changes in sample weight continuously recorded.
The kinetic weight data is analyzed in real-time, and the trend toward equilibrium is predicted and displayed on screen. Equilibration criteria are applied to objectively determine the period allowed before the measurement moves on to the next pressure or temperature value. Each equilibrium point is plotted on an isotherm or isobar, and the full raw data is also recorded.
The IGA method therefore allows consistent analysis with optimum measurement accuracy and faster overall process times.
IGA analyzers are widely regarded as the benchmark for gravimetric sorption analyzers and are used in an extensive range of applications:
- Moisture and organic vapor sorption
- Diffusion coefficient determination
- Thermodynamic and kinetic studies
- Gas sorption capacity determination
IGA instruments are used in both academic and industrial laboratories globally and are continuously producing high precision reproducible data. The IGA’s reputation is underpinned by publication of data in over 700 peer reviewed papers, including many in high profile journals.
Real Time Kinetic Analysis
Kinetic analysis of ethanol sorption and desorption. The predicted path to equilibrium is shown by the blue line.
Long Term Stability
Kinetic analysis of water sorption on a commercial zeolite at 0.02 mbar. The real time measurement highlights the intrinsic long term stability and continuous data recording
Vapor Isotherms at Variable Temperatures
Multiple vapor isotherms at a range of temperatures from 20 ⁰C – 45 ⁰C with intervals of 2.5 ⁰C