HIGH ACCURACY GRAVIMETRIC ANALYZER, WITH COMBINED PRESSURE & FLOW CONTROL FOR PRECISE CHARACTERIZATION OF THERMODYNAMICS & KINETICS
- Uniquely combines high pressure TGA with equilibrium and kinetic sorption measurements
- Unrivalled measurement precision, accuracy and repeatability
- Fast and accurate analysis of equilibria and kinetics using the IGA method
The IGA-003 is a dynamic gas sorption analyzer incorporating multiple controllable inlets with combined pressure and flow control, and integrated mass spectrometry. Incorporating an ultra-sensitive microbalance, the IGA-003 measures changes in sample mass as a function of temperature, pressure and gas composition. The unique IGA method analyzes real time gravimetric data to determine kinetic parameters and simultaneously predict sorption equilibrium.
- Fully programmable with combined control of pressure, flow and gas composition
- Optional integrated vapor generator module
- Sample temperatures from 77 K to 1000 °C
- Fully programmable for advanced method development
- Fully integrated quadrupole mass spectrometry option for evolved gas analysis (EGA)
Hiden Isochema’s unique IGA method is applied independently to every step in a gravimetric sorption measurement. At each step, the pressure and temperature are actively regulated, with resultant changes in sample weight continuously recorded.
The kinetic weight data is analyzed in real-time, and the trend toward equilibrium is predicted and displayed on screen. Equilibration criteria are applied to objectively determine the period allowed before the measurement moves on to the next pressure or temperature value. Each equilibrium point is plotted on an isotherm or isobar, and the full raw data is also recorded.
The IGA method therefore allows consistent analysis with optimum measurement accuracy and faster overall process times.
IGA analyzers are widely regarded as the benchmark for gravimetric sorption analyzers and are used in an extensive range of applications:
- Energy storage
- Temperature Programmed Desorption/Oxidation/Reduction (TPD/TPO/TPR)
- Gas adsorption capacity determination
- Thermodynamic and kinetic studies
- Evolved Gas Analysis (EGA) and Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA)
IGA instruments are used in both academic and industrial laboratories globally and are continuously producing high precision reproducible data. The IGA’s reputation is underpinned by publication of data in over 700 peer reviewed papers, including many in high profile journals.
The IGA-003-MC model is offered for binary sorption analysis using Hiden Isochema’s IMB (Integral Mass Balance) analysis technique. This model incorporates dynamic mode gas delivery, a dedicated sample reactor with combi bath / heater for sample thermostatting and an optimized sampling interface with a close-coupled Hiden mass spectrometer.
IMB analysis using the IGA-003-MC offers the following benefits:
- Single component and binary equilibria measured in one experiment
- Fully automated high throughput analysis including flow and MS calibration
- Exchange kinetics determined simultaneously with equilibrium data
- Isothermal and isobaric multipoint binary sorption isotherms with precisely controlled pressure / composition / temperature conditions
The recommended sample size is 3.5 grams for operation in the pressure range 0.5 bar to 3 bar. For further information about IMB analysis using the IGA-003-MC, please contact us now.
Temperature programmed desorption of calcium oxalate into a flow of helium.
Low Temperature Hydrogen Isotherm
Hydrogen isotherm up to 20 bar on a commercial zeolite at 77 K