DEDICATED MEMBRANE TESTING REACTOR FOR GAS PERMEABLE MEMBRANES
- Automated membrane gas permeation reactor with integrated mass spectrometry
- Optimized for operation to 10 bar with minimized dead volume
- Precision engineered membrane cell with unique integral support structure
The MBR is a dedicated membrane testing reactor for studying the selective gas permeation properties of membrane materials for separation and purification applications. It is a fully automated system, and is supplied with an integrated close-coupled mass spectrometer.
- Operating pressure to 10 bar
- Wide temperature range with options for 120 °C and 300 °C
- Multiple gas inlets compatible with a range of gases
- Ultralow dead volume automated switching valve
- Fully integrated close coupled mass spectrometer
- Bespoke reactor design options
The MBR is designed for studying the selective gas permeation properties of membrane materials for separation and purification applications. It can be configured to support operation in either co-current flow mode and cross flow mode to suit specific applications requirements.
In co-current flow mode, a gas mixture is applied upstream of the membrane at a controlled pressure and composition, while a dedicated helium flow flushes the downstream side. The gas composition is then analyzed to assess the separation performance of the membrane material.
Alternatively, in cross flow mode, the MBR is operated without downstream sweep gas and the performance of the membrane is determined by comparing the downstream and upstream gas compositions.