POROMETER also supplies membrane test cells and equipment for both liquid and gas separations.
- Dead-end Filtration Cells: single dead-end filtration cells. Built in stainless steel they are suitable for both for aqueous and solvent separations.
- Liquid permeability tester (LPT400)
We are also specialised in membrane testing in High Throughput (HT) mode, developed in collaboration with The Center for Surface Chemistry and Catalysis at the KULeuven. There are numerous factors that can influence the membrane performance. On the one side, the physicochemical characteristics of a membrane depend on both compositional (e.g. solvents, polymer concentration, additives, etc.) and non compositional parameters (e.g. evaporation time and temperature, annealing time, etc.) involved in membrane synthesis and post treatment. On the other side the test conditions (temperature, pressure, feed concentration, etc) play a very important role in order to achieve the best results in a particular application. Multi-parameter screening and optimisation of these variables often requires high time, effort and capital investment.
Compared to the traditional approach of running individual tests, HT offers the following advantages:
- Miniaturization: scaling down sample size to reduce both costs and waste.
- Ensure reproducible conditions between replicates and reduce standard statistical errors.
- Automation: adapted to the desired/required degree
- Faster screening and more rapid optimization by doing simultaneously multiple tests.
Our High Throughput membrane testing products are:
- High Throughput Gas Separation (HTGS)
- High Throughput liquid testing equipment (Spider™)