The POROLUX™ 100/100NW/100FM and 500 are gas-liquid porometers based on the pressure scan method developed for the rapid measurement of through-pores in materials such as filters, nonwovens, textiles, paper, membranes, hollow fibres, etc.
PRESSURE AND FLOW RATES RANGE
Starting from instruments that go up to 1.5 bar (22 psi), such as the POROLUX™ 100NW, up to 35 bar (500 psi), POROLUX™ 500. The maximum flow rate can be 100 or 200 l/min depending on the model and the application. For details please see the table of specifications for each model.
|PRODUCT OVERVIEW||POROLUX™ 100||POROLUX™ 100NW||POROLUX™ 100FM||POROLUX™ 500|
|Max pressure||7 bar / 100 psi||1.5 bar / 22 psi||2.5 bar / 36 psi||35 bar / 500 psi|
|Min pore(1)||0.091 µm||0.427 µm||0.250 µm||13 nm|
|Max pore(2)||500 µm||500 µm||500 µm||500 µm|
|Max flow||100 l/min||200 l/min||200 l/min||200 l/min|
|Pressure sensors||8 bar||2 bar||3 bar||0.5-5-50 bar|
|Flow sensors||5-100 l/min||10-200 l/min||10-200 l/min||10-200 l/min|
|Switching of the flow sensors||Automatic||Automatic||Automatic||Automatic|
|Accuracy of pressure and flow sensors||0.05 % F.S.||0.05 % F.S.||0.05 % F.S.||0.05 % F.S.|
|Resolution of pressure and flow sensors||24 bit||24 bit||24 bit||24 bit|
- Gas-liquid displacement porometer based on the pressure scan method: the applied pressure and the resulting gas flow is measured continuously.
- Full flexibility with the highest accuracy in the full pressure range (up to 35 bar/ 500 psi).
- Very fast and reproducible measurements of first bubble point, maximum pore size, mean flow pore size, minimum pore size, pore size distribution and gas permeability.
- Ideal for quality control work.
STANDARD SAMPLE HOLDERS
All POROLUX™ porometers come with a 25 mm sample holder. Other standard sample holders have a diameter of 13 or 47 mm.
POROMETER can create costumer specific designs for special samples: thick samples, large diameter samples, assembled filter-setups, etc. Please contact us for details and price.
UNIVERSAL SAMPLE HOLDER FOR 25 MM DIAMETER FOR THICKER SAMPLES
- Universal sample holder for samples of thickness up to 10 mm.
- Maximum pressure: 35 bar.
- Also available for 13 mm diameter samples.
HOLLOW FIBRE AND TUBULAR SAMPLE HOLDER (SHHF)
The characterisation of the pore distribution of hollow fibres and tubes requires relatively high pressures and a limiting factor is often the burst pressure of the hollow fibre. Therefore, safety is often as concern.
We have developed a stainless steel sample holder in which one or more hollow fibres can easily be glued. With this sample holder very reproducible results can be obtained.
- The pressure can be applied from the outside to the inside or vice versa
- Maximum pressure: 35 bar*
- Includes replaceable O-rings
- Resistant to silicone and epoxy glues
- Easy cleaning of the assembly
*This is the maximum pressure that the hollow sample holder can withstand. The maximum pressure allowed in each experiment will depend on the mechanical resistance of the hollow fibre.
IN-PLANE POROMETRY SAMPLE HOLDER
Special parts and accessories to carry out in-plane porometry measurements. Only available for 47mm sample holders.